PHTLS

Life is really full of surprises. When I came back here after a month of vacation, the higher ups scheduled me for PHTLS (Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support). I’m not expecting it and I’m kinda hesitant to accept it ‘coz of limited time to study. But they told me that pass or failed it doesn’t matter and the experience is quite great, especially for me that is assigned @ the Emergency Department. So what the hell . . . pass or failed it doesn’t matter!, so I just have a courage to accept it immediately. And besides the course will be in Riyadh, so it’s cool to travel from one city to another.
Anyway, the time has come and 4 of us will take the course. From Al Khobar to Riyadh it will take at about 4 hours drive. We leave Al Khobar @ around 0930H and we reach Riyadh @ 1400H. We stayed @ Tulip Hotel and the course will be in King Abdul-Aziz National Guard for 2 days.
The course was great and very educational (of course… ‘dats why it’s called a course…he he he).

It’s a 2 day course and tackled most of pre hospital emergencies and management.

To make the story short, I passed the Pre-test and the Practical Exam but I failed my post test. I need to come back after 10 days to retake my Post Test. It’s quite an achievement on my part. Why? Coz I don’t read the fuc**ng book. It’s so thick! What the hell! But I’m really proud of the result. Of the 3 criteria’s that are graded, namely Pre-test/Practical/and Post –test, I just failed my post test. 3 colored certificates were given, white (PASS), yellow (to come back after 10 days for the post test) and pink (FAILED). The course was so hard, I’m not quite defensive here… ok!, It’s really freaking hard. Almost half of the class failed and few were given a yellow card to retake their post test after 10 days to finally get their PHTLS Certificate. My practical went great and I’m really proud of that. But still I have to pass the fuc**ng Post-test after 10 days.

Anyway let’s wait and see! I really need plenty of good lucks . . .!

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:08 AM

    seems like your injoying life as it comes... keep it up...

    have an awesome valentine with that special someone!

    have a great weekend duncan...

    Vin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:09 AM

    oh one last thing... G'Luck!!! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:48 PM

    hi there, can you tell me where i can get the PHTLS post test (the old one), i`ll have the exam after 2 weeks and i just want to see the example of the tests to know what kind of question they like :) if you will have time and halp me to get thet i`ll be very thankful. my e-mail is marshana_1985@yahoo.com
    thank you enyway, best regargs Archil from Tbilisi,GEORGIA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment